VGT Conference Early Bird Discount
An early bird discount is now on offer for the Virtual Global Taskforce’s fifth biennial international conference in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on 11 -13 December 2012.
With only four months until the conference, registrations are filling up quickly. For the opportunity to hear from experts from countries including Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, New Zealand, and the United Arab Emirates and to have your voice heard, register before 15 September 2012 and receive the early bird discount of $US300.00.
VGT Chair Neil Gaughan said that one of the VGT’s most effective strategies against internet-facilitated child sexual abuse is cooperation. Fittingly, the theme of the conference is “International Collaboration: An Enabler for Prevention.”
“No single agency can deal with this crime in isolation. We continually work together with our partners to ensure the safety and security of children, regardless of where they live. This international conference provides an opportunity for all of us to learn, understand, and develop collaborative response strategies that highlight child protection,” said Mr Gaughan.
Issues covered during the VGT Conference include:
• The dynamics of online victimisation and victim narratives as an enabler for prevention.
• The risks associated to child sexual exploitation investigations and the importance of establishing protocols for viewing imagery evidence.
• The importance of behavioural analysis in child sex offence investigations.
• Understanding the legislative framework and where it needs to be enacted.
• An overview of the technology child sex offenders are using and what future technology is required to combat the threat.
• The benefit of blocking websites versus shutting them down.
• Mandatory reporting and why it is successful.
• The importance of collaboration in combating this crime type.
• The VGT footprint and its global engagement strategy.
The conference will harness unique international networking opportunity with experts specialising in child protection. Delegates can also expect an opportunity to discover and explore new technology-enabled crime methodologies, issues and challenges. The conference will also expose delegates to high-calibre speakers and thought-provoking strategies being developed by global law enforcement.
For more information, visit the VGT Conference website.
VGT Conference 2012
Previous news item
A grim tale began to unfold in November 2010, when U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) special agents and Massachusetts State Police detectives arrested a Boston man [more...]